Thursday 8 December 2011

Another Post about Eggs | {Mixed up Tomato and Basil Omelette}

Well, here I am again, after a long time of, well, forgetfulness. I've had so many assignments....but I won't go into that. I have actually been baking and cooking and stuff, but I have had such little time to take photos, let alone post posts, that I haven't got anything much to post. But what I am going to say is, although I have yet another post about eggs, it really is a very nice dish. Unless you don't like eggs--if you don't, you should probably stop reading now.
Anyway, as I was saying, I was in a bit of a hurry to make dinner, and we didn't have much to use, so I found everything we had, and made what I would like to call, mixed up tomato and basil omelette. Well. Enough with the talking; I seem to be very good at rambling and stuff...but here it is:

{Mixed-up Tomato and Basil Omelette}


8-9 eggs (this was to feed 6 people)
2 shallots
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
A few tablespoons of oil
2 tomatoes
A bunch of basil leaves, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper, to season
Grated parmesan cheese (or whichever cheese you happen to be in the mood for)
Baby spinach leaves (although a lot of people don't like these. If they don't, just leave them off altogether)

  1. Chop the shallots, and fry in a hot frying pan with the oil and the garlic until the garlic is brown. It smells absolutely amazing, let me tell you :)
  2. Chop the tomatoes into cube-shapes, and fry with the shallots and garlic. Cook until soft, and the skin is starting to peel.
  3. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, and mix in the basil. Pour over the tomato/shallot/garlic mixture. Leave to cook until there is hardly any liquid egg on top (2-3 minutes, so long as the frying pan's hot).
  4. Do your best to flip the omelette over, but let me tell you, it's hard to get it over properly! I cant do it. I sort of break it up, and flip little pieces over; this is why it's called "mixed up" omelette. I must say it's more like a scrambled omelette--and it's also supposed to be rather thick, not thin and crepe-like.
  5. Sprinkle the cheese, salt & pepper, and spinach leaves over the omelette. Cut/break up and serve. Enjoy!!
(P.s. I forgot to mention, unless you have a very big frying-pan like us, it is probably best to do it in two batches...otherwise it will take a very long time to cook! Sorry for not mentioning earlier, but I really don't feel like going back and editing it in again. I'm too lazy.)
Even my brothers, who hate omelette with a passion, didn't seem to mind it much--I count that as a personal achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis