Thursday 15 March 2012

Rainy Days | {Easy-as Chocolate-chip Cookies}

Yup. How clever am I? Two posts in under two weeks? I should pat myself on the back (only I won't, because I hate it when anybody says that to me. I mean, seriously: pat myself on the back?). But, yeah. Anyway. I really am trying to post a lot more often on my blog; I feel so bad when I see it, just sitting up on my bookmarks bar, getting all dusty because I never click on it. You may have already noticed that I have a bit of a new look; and I am also currently trying to create a badge for my site. If  anyone has any suggestions for a sort of tagline or something, that would be great :) Either leave it in the comments, or email me at raspberries.and.cream.blog@gmail.com

Anyway, back to the actual cooking. I made theses cookies a few days ago, intending to photograph them and put them up here, but then I realised that my family had eaten them all and it was a bit late to take a photo of them (the cookies, I mean. Not my family). So I made another batch, just for you guys! But seriously, they are so easy and so versatile. I have changed the recipe so many times, it's not funny, You can add any time/mixture of chocolate, nuts, M&M's, caramel-stuff, whatever. Although, when I was younger I tried to add marshmallows...yeah. That didn't work out so well. Anyway, I am really enjoying myself, typing this out and eating cookies on a cold rainy day, so I'd better let you have the recipe so that you can do the same!

{Chocolate-chip Cookies}
125g of butter, melted
1/2 cup of firmly-packed brown sugar
1/3 cup of caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
1 cup of choc bits (it's meant to be dark choc bits, but with the ones I made I didn't have enough dark ones so I used white ones. But that still wasn't enough, so I chopped up a block of chocolate. See what I mean about versatile? Basically, just add one cup of stuff, whether it be chocolate, nuts, raisins, whatever. Your decision)

  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
  2. Put the butter and sugars into a bowl, mix until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, beat rapidly for about 30 seconds. It sort of goes smooth and shiny and a bit thicker--this was my own discovery :)
  3. Add the flour and choc bits (or "filling"), and stir until combined. Roll tablespoons or so of the mixture into balls, place on baking trays (well apart, they spread), and flatten with a the back of a spoon or your hand.
  4. bake for 10-13 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on baking trays.
And that's seriously it! Sooo easy :)

My picture sort of failed because it's night time... :\

2 comments:

  1. Just love reading your blog inspires me to want to try some of these very well photographed food.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis